Ventures of an ex indie game developer

Free is cheap?

In certain parts of the world, free is a lot cheaper. My Slime Volleyball port has had probably 90 % from US, the remaining 10 % mostly from Sweden and Canada. Lately only in the US. This is my first day with a free app:

I also note that the conversion rate is about 0.000033 % of my 600 users so far. And only 10 %, six people, has had a high score entry! Conclusion: controls are very counter-intuitive, it's far too difficult, and as a result very boring. I knew it was going to be bad, but it was worse.

Next post will be a post mortem, I think. Everybody has to have one, right?

About the author

Mitt foto
Gothenburg, Sweden